You thought I forgot, didn't you! I didn't; I just wasn't on the computer with the cookie recipes on it! So, for Day 2, an eeeeeasy one bowl, no mixing version of a favourite cookie:
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Mix together.
2. Drop by teaspoonfuls (or whatever spoon you use for cookie dropping) onto cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick coating (or covered with baking parchment).
3. Bake about 10 minutes, till golden brown on edges.
- Peanut butter varies. I find cheap peanut butter works really well in this recipe, but that's me.
- You may want to press with a fork and sprinkle sugar on the top of these, a la Mama's pb cookies of old. Or you may just roll 'em in plain old sugar and press with a fork. Or you can leave 'em lumpy. Your call.
- Using all plain granulated sugar makes a nice cookie, but a mix of brown and white granulated sugars is also nice. I like 50-50, others like a quarter-cup brown to three-quarters cup white. Again, your call.
- You can use chunky peanut butter for this recipe. Yum!
- Or you can add chocolate chips, a la the pb cup we all love.
- I find it easier to make this recipe if you first stir up the peanut butter (I like stiff peanut butter for this recipe, remember) to loosen it up, then add the egg and sugar. You want to mix it well, but even if you just throw it all together and mix at once, it comes out well. Just takes a bit longer, is all.
These cookies are delicious and very peanutty, as you might expect. If you want to make them for gifts, try rolling teaspoon or larger balls to a uniform size, press down with a fork or your fingers, and sprinkle sugar on them. When they are cool, drizzle with melted chocolate and take a bow!