Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cookie Day 9! Bailey Bits

Today in NOTL:  Yeah, well, it was cold. LOL

Furnace woes today.  Brr!  It was chilly inside too. 

Today is Cookie Day 9; Deb told me the Toronto Star began a 24 Days of Cookies feature, so check online for even more recipes (though *I* started early!).

In line with those rumballs from yesterday, I thought about making other kinds of not-rum balls.  Let's face it: you can use any kind of cookie for the base, any kind of liquor for flavouring.  So here's an adapted rumball recipe to mimic my winter favourite - hot cocoa with Bailey's, yum!

Bailey Bits
1 8 1/2 oz package of chocolate wafers,crushed
1 c pecans, chopped
1 c confectioner’s sugar
1/4 c light corn syrup
1/4 c  Bailey's Irish Cream

Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
Shape into balls.
When finished, roll balls into extra confectioner's sugar or cocoa powder.
Store in tightly-covered tin.

What a nice gift several graduated tins filled with various types of not-rum balls would be!  For kiddies, leave out the liquor and use extract to flavour, I imagine, with a bit more corn syrup to compensate for the decreased liquid.

Art for today is a pear currently available in my etsy shop.  It's a bit different for me, with other media and techniques in addition to the watercolour.

No comments: