Thursday, September 16, 2010

Where did the week go??

Today in NOTL:  The perfect, for me, Autumn day:  chilly, with a high of 18C/64F, grey, and rainy!  Just gorgeous!!!

You know it's chilly when Deb says, 'It's sweater weather out there!'  I have been trimming and cutting individual watercolour papers for pendants and it is a time consuming process.  It is a help, though, to have a ready supply of blanks for painting instead of cutting as I go, so it's worth the fiddly trouble.  It sure would be a help to be able to buy precut 15x21 mm pieces of paper - that's just about 5/8 x 7/8 inch. 

I notice, too, that working on a group of minis is surprisingly tiring.  You'd think, being so teeny, they'd paint up in a flash. They don't, though.  Because the details are so very small, it is more painstaking than a larger, ATC sized (2.5 x 3.5 inches) piece.  I try not to hunch over the workspace, but it's hard not to - you need to get up close and personal when you're working so tiny! - so I feel it in my shoulders and neck. 

Eyestrain can be a problem, I suspect, so I try to remember to keep resting my eyes and do some far-point focusing often.  Having the window beside me is a help.  The birds and view keep me looking up from my work.

It just occurred to me that the Vespa pendant didn't sell.  What's up with that???  I **love** that piece!!!  I'll be putting that one onto Etsy, I think.  It's just too adorable to languish on the wonderful pendant display I made!

No comments: