Sunday, July 25, 2010

Oh sheesh

Today in Niagara-on-the-Lake:  A lovely Sunday, with noonish temps of 73F/23C, rising a bit to 79F/26C as the afternoon wears on under blue skies with a few clouds for show.  Now, The Weather Network, Canada's answer to The Weather Channel, suggests that those 79 degrees will feel like 90/32C, but with the afternoon's humidity dropping from 73% to 69%, I can only conclude they are weather wimps, spoiled by Canada's lovely summers.

Back in the day, I was a one-way kinda gal: one way was strict Roman Catholicism, and I do mean hard-core Catholic.  I prided myself on being able to answer my students' questions about the church and its teachings, and when I had a Southern Baptist student enter my grade, I switched to the King James version of the Bible so that there could be no question regarding the correctness of our Catholic teachings.  I am ashamed when I think of the questions that poor child must have taken home to his mom.

The Angels remind us continually that all things, without exception, serve good if we allow them to do so (even if I have trouble seeing the good in fundamentalist religious extremists' activities).  They teach that it is a human misunderstanding of Creator's mind and will that allow us to develop religions that are based on exclusion and condemnation.

It may be difficult for us to observe such religions in action and see the good, but the more we try, the closer our alignment to Love.

No comments: